Thursday, September 23, 2010

An introduction....

Salutations!

Ok, so I stole that one-word line from a spider, but the sentiment is still the same:
"Salutations means greetings. It's my fancy way of saying hello!" (Thanks, Charlotte!).

Welcome to my adventures in life. I have previously shared some of my experiences in an earlier blog, titled "His2Dads." However, since we are in the final stages of adopting our baby girl, that title clearly lacks the "zing" it once held for me.

The cast in this production includes the following:

*me - a middle school teacher by trade, and an ice-cream-loving, closet "Gleek" by nature
*the husband - an elementary school teacher by day, an out-and-proud "Gleek" by nature
*the son - the energy of a nuclear reaction packaged in the body of a 3-year old boy
*the daughter - a 7-month old princess who is infatuated by her brother

With occasional appearances by:

*the local grandparents
*the long-distance grandparents (both sets)

And:

*any other special guest star who makes their way into the topic


I am so excited to have taken up writing again. I think that I departed from blogging because I discovered Facebook. While Facebook has been "good" for keeping up with "friends" and family, I have found that I am much more of a self-censorer (by the wavy red lines, I can see that Blogger clearly needs to add "censorer" to their dictionary...it's the latest craze, everyone's sayin' it!)...I digress...

Anyway, I hope to write about topics important to me. If they strike a chord with you, I'd like to hear about it. Leave me a message, share your thoughts, add your insight. But above all else, be real. I will do the same.

And now, on with the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment